HumanitiesDC seeks people who are passionate about the two words that make up our name, humanities + DC, to help us build an enthusiastic, talented and engaging team.
We are wholly invested in cultivating an equitable and dynamic work environment that embodies our values and centers community.
HumanitiesDC is an equal opportunity employer. Please see below for our open positions.
Full-Time Public Programs Coordinator:
HumanitiesDC seeks a Public Programs Coordinator for immediate hire. This is an ongoing 40-hour hybrid position. This person will work with the rest of the team to create unique, engaging, and educational programs, projects and events throughout the city. The coordinator will be responsible for:
- Developing relationships with current and past grantees, local scholars and community experts;
- Identifying and building strong partnerships that result in quality programs grounded in history, ethics, philosophy, arts appreciation, literature, and language arts;
- Working with our team to increase outreach, audiences and participation.
The District Fellows program is designed to support humanists, historians and non-profit professionals early in their careers and residing in the DC area. Fellows are chosen annually and take on 9-month roles where they work closely with HumanitiesDC staff, supporting the organization’s work as well as focusing on a related individual project. The fellowships include a $11,000 stipend. This year we are looking to hire:
- Oral History Fellow, who will support our DC Oral History Collaborative program;
- Community Outreach Fellow, who will support the organization’s communications strategy as well as help shape our various events and gatherings.
Bring some humanity to your inbox:
Subscribe to our Newsletter.