”This is the second time I’ve reviewed grants for HumanitiesDC and it is always a great chance to see what is going on in the community and how organizations are impacting the residents.”
– Jessie Moore
As part of our grantmaking process, HumanitiesDC engages external grant reviewers to decide how funding is allocated. This consists of recruiting community members, humanities scholars and experts to participate in trainings, rate applications and collectively choose grantees to receive awards. This process is facilitated by HumanitiesDC staff and verified by our Board of Directors.
- Interested in becoming a reviewer?
- Have professional or personal experience in a certain humanities discipline?
- Are you a current HumanitesDC grantee or considering applying in the future? Live in or around Washington, DC?
This is a great opportunity to use your skills to improve our community and meet other people who share your passion for the District’s humanities activities.
A few more things to know:
- Grant Reviewers evaluate up to 15 proposals and participate in approximately 5 hours of virtual and in-person meetings;
- Reviewers receive a $150 honorarium for every round they complete. The honorarium is not provided if a reviewer does not participate through the completion of the evaluation process;
- Reviewers can participate in more than one round per year;
- Grant rounds occur either during Cycle I: March to April or Cycle 2: May to June.
- Cycle I Grant Reviewer Applications are due March 7, 2023 at 5:59pm. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis; early application is encouraged.
Grant reviewer application
Bring some humanity to your inbox:
Subscribe to our Newsletter.