HumanitiesDC is staffed by a dedicated team who commit their talents to preserving DC’s unique and valuable cultural history. Our team members work together to bring engaging and enlightening humanities programming to the people of Washington, DC.
- Valerie Graff, Interim Executive Director
- Valerie has over 30 years of related experience in her leadership positions and consulting with senior level executives in nonprofit organizations. Valerie assists DC area nonprofits through executive transitions, having been an interim executive director in 11 DC area nonprofits over the last 20 years, guiding them through executive transitions. She also works with nonprofits in the areas of strategic planning, team building, board development, creating and maintaining successful partnerships, improving leadership, surfacing and addressing organizational conflict, managing organizational change and executive coaching
- Jasper Collier, M.A., Deputy Director of Programs
- Jasper Collier oversees HumanitiesDC’s extensive collection of grant products and educational resources. Jasper has previously worked in curatorial and collections management at the Dittrick Medical History Center and President Lincoln’s Cottage. He has also held positions with the National Building Museum and the Western Reserve Historical Society and has worked as an independent consultant in historical research. Jasper holds a Master of Arts in Public History from American University and a Bachelor of Arts in History from Case Western Reserve University.
- Andrea Carroll McNeil, M.S., Grants Manager
- Andrea Carroll McNeil oversees HumanitiesDC’s grants portfolio supporting cultural and educational programming and projects, having previously served as a Program Manager at Goodwill Industries International. She has significant experience with grants management, program development and implementation, community outreach, corporate relations and volunteer management. Andrea holds a Master of Science in Administration with a concentration in Public and Community Health from Trinity Washington University, a Non-Profit Management Certificate from Wayne State University and a Bachelor of Arts in Communications from Howard University.
- Mary Paris, Acting Digital Manager of CultureCapital.com
- Mary Paris has a diverse background that spans the worlds of politics, education, NGOs and international business and communications. Her roles covered press/communications, day-to-day operations, fundraising and event management. She has extensive experience in website design, having built and managed the Georgetown University 2015 capital campaign website and oversaw the relaunch of the GU Alumni website. In addition to CultureCapital.com, Mary serves as the Chief Operating Officer for Dictyon Language School. Her previous positions include Senior Vice President for Development at HitBig, Associate Vice President for Marketing and Communications in the Georgetown University Office of Advancement, and various marketing and public relations, business development and new media roles with NBC. She is listed in the Worldwide Who’s Who registry of executives, professionals and entrepreneurs.
- Stephanie Scott, Operations Manager
- Stephanie Scott is the Operations Manager at HumanitiesDC. She initially joined HumanitiesDC in 2009 as the Executive Assistant. She has over 20 years of administrative experience which also includes development and construction project management and marketing. Prior to joining HumanitiesDC, Stephanie was the Executive Administrator for a DC-based Historic Restoration and Painting company responsible for preserving historical buildings as the Tivoli Theatre and President Lincoln’s Cottage.