Job Announcement Position: Program Coordinator
Full Time: 40 hours a week
Reports to Deputy Director of Programs
HumanitiesDC (HDC) is the state humanities council for Washington DC. We are a small friendly team that is expanding our staffing. The hardworking staff provides grants to local humanities organizations, presents programs to the public and promotes the humanities throughout DC. HumanitiesDC is the State Humanities Council for Washington, DC and is an affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Founded in 1980, our mission is to: “enrich the quality of life, foster intellectual stimulation, and promote cross-cultural understanding and appreciation of local history in all neighborhoods of the District through humanities programs and grants”
HDC is seeking an experienced Program Coordinator. The successful candidate will support all program aspects by providing administrative and related support, including, and not limited to: events management, including events in the online environment.
Responsibilities for this position are, but not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement high-quality programs, services, and activities.
- Oversee daily operations of all programs, including recruiting, planning, and tracking budgetary items, and evaluating activities for positive outcomes and legal compliance.
- Analyze programs during planning, implementation, and follow-up to verify quality and ensure activities and services achieve stated objectives and outcomes.
- Plan, propose, and track budgets for individual services and total quarterly expenditures, including allocating adequate resources to each program and staying within limits outlined by the Deputy Director of Programs.
- Prepare, modify, and file reports and documentation as necessary, including daily summaries of activities and incidents, post-program overviews, recommendations for future services, and analysis of overall program effectiveness
- Maintain mailing lists, post to social media, handle the mechanics of the newsletter and notes and press releases and be able to draft and write program related content.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5-10 year’s work experience
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and adherence to deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively with managers, employees, and customers
- Self-motivated and able to work independently when necessary
- Conscientious, detail-oriented, and collaborative team-member who will take responsibility for producing polished and accurate work
- Self-starter who will take initiative for identifying and solving problems
- Technology: Microsoft Office Products, Window operation systems, office equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills enjoy working closely with others and flexible.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits: Holidays, Annual and Sick Leave, Retirement
To Apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.