The Part-Time Temporary Grants Manager position will manage the American Recovery Plan (ARP) grant-making process and assist in other grant making activity as assigned.
The ARP Grant is funded through the National Endowment for the Humanities and is meant to support organizations that have public humanities work as part of their missions and have that have been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This role works with the Grant Manager, Oral History Manager, Programs Coordinator, Director of Development, and other staff to identify grant applicants, release funding, ensure compliance, complete closeout procedures, and manage relationships with grantees.
Classification: Part-time 30 hours a week for 2 months, then 20 hours a week for 4 months, which may be extended by mutual agreement.
Description of Duties:
- Recruits and cultivates grant applicants
- Work through the entire grants cycle, including but not limited to creating reports, helping potential grantees, troubleshooting, completes interim reporting requirements for grantees by deadline, according to their grant cycle
- Conducts workshops and webinars as needed
- Works closely with staff to ensure the program operates smoothly and efficiently.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2- 4 years grants manager experience
- Familiarity with Foundant; experience is a plus
- Understand how humanities-related non-profit organizations operate
- Use strong written communication skills
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and adheres to deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively with staff and the public
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Conscientious, detail-oriented, and collaborative team-member who will take responsibility for producing polished and accurate work
- Responsive to prospective and current grantees
- Technology: Foundant; Microsoft Office Products; Microsoft Windows operating system
Salary: $35-$45 hr
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.