Part-time: 20 hours a week
Reports to Operations Manager
HumanitiesDC (HDC) is the state humanities council for Washington DC. We are a small friendly team that is expanding our staffing. The hardworking staff provides grants to local humanities organizations, presents programs to the public and promotes the humanities throughout DC. Founded in 1980, our mission is to: “enrich the quality of life, foster intellectual stimulation, and promote cross-cultural understanding and appreciation of local history in all neighborhoods of the District through humanities programs and grants”
HDC is seeking an experienced part-time Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining precise financial records, assisting with detailed grant reporting and providing general office support.
Responsibilities for this position are, but not limited to the following:
- Provide support for the Interim Executive Director and Operations Manager in the execution of their responsibilities.
- Receive and manage vendor invoices and code. Submit to Operations Manager with back-up for approval.
- Retrieve mail from office on a weekly basis, scan and distribute.
- Assist Operations Manager with grant reporting by maintaining digital vendor financial records. Making sure there is back-up documentation for all invoices.
- Assist with meeting logistics
- Education: High School diploma with 5 – 10 years or equivalent experience as an administrative professional preferably in finance.
- Familiarity or Working knowledge of database systems.
- Conscientious, detail-oriented, and collaborative team-member who will take responsibility for producing polished and accurate work.
- Self-starter who will take initiative for identifying and solving problems.
- Technology: Microsoft Office Products, Window operation systems, office equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, enjoys working closely with others and flexible.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits: Holiday, Annual and Sick Leave
To Apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.