This year’s DC Community Heritage Project House History Workshop will guide community historians, of any skill or knowledge level, through the DC Public Library Washingtonian Division’s collection. Participants will learn how to research the history of their own home or any other historical property through sessions on:
- DC Maps – Led by historian and editor of the H-DC listserv Matthew Gilmore
- Historic Building Permit Database – Led by historian, author, and tour leader, Brian Kraft.
- Photo Archives – Led by Photo Librarian at the DCPL Washingtoniana Division, Michelle Casto.
- Microfilm Records – Led by historian and archivist Jerry McCoy of the DCPL Washingtoniana Division
- Neighborhood Context/DC Digital Museum – Led by Jasper Collier, Curator of Digital Collections, Humanities Council of Washington, DC and an acclaimed community historian to provide neighborhood context.