The summer edition of HumanitiesDC’s DC Community Heritage Project House History Day will be held on Saturday, August 15. Two free sessions at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. will give community historians, of any skill or knowledge level, an overview of the myriad of resources available through the collections of the Historical Society of Washington, DC and the DC Public Library Washingtoniana Division. Participants will learn how to research the history of their own homes or any other historical property through sessions on:
▪ Neighborhood Context/DC Digital Museum – Led by Jasper Collier, Curator of Digital Collections, HumanitiesDC
▪ DC Maps – Led by historian and editor of the H-DC listserv Matthew Gilmore
▪ Historic Building Permit Database – Led by historian, author, and tour leader Brian Kraft
▪ Photograph Collections – Led by Anne McDonough, Library and Collections Director, Historical Society of Washington, DC
▪ Online and Microfilm Records – Led by Mark Greek, Collections Coordinator, Special Collections, DCPL Washingtoniana Division
House History Day will be held at The Historical Society of Washington, DC (801 K Street NW, Washington DC 20001).
Registration is required. RSVP below.