On June 11, the Your DC Digital Museum program will return to the Capitol Hill Arts Workshop. Help us document and preserve the history and culture of your community.
Our expert volunteers will work with you to digitize and describe your personal historic or genealogical artifacts including: photographs, journal pages, correspondence, souvenirs, or anything else that tells your story. All submissions will be added to the DC Digital Museum. Help us build this powerful online resource for students, educators, and scholars!
You keep all of your originals and receive copies of the digitized content on a flash drive!
How to participate:
– Tell us you’re interested in making a digital contribution by registering online at http://digitizeatchaw.eventbrite.com
– Select 4-5 documents or objects that tell a story about you or your family’s past
– Bring those materials to the event on June 11, 2016
– Fill out brief forms describing each item
– All donors will have the opportunity to record a brief oral history describing the items they contribute
There is absolutely no fee to participate, and refreshments will be served.
For more information, please email Jasper Collier at