HumanitiesDC
   

DCOHC Partnership Grant · Grant Extension

Request for Proposals

Download RFP   Apply Now

This grant opportunity allows previous partners, who have successfully completed their projects and closed out their grants, to continue their work.

Project Period

This opportunity is for oral history projects conducted between [X-X].

Award Amount

Applicants may request up to $6,000 depending on the scope of their projects.

Deadline

All proposals must be received by [X].

Eligibility

Successful applications will describe in-detail how an existing project will be extended and how the project’s continuation will contribute to the originally posed research question or theme. Applicants will be asked to identify at least 5 new narrators they will interview during the grant period. The final product for each project will be a set of well-documented recordings accompanied by transcripts, legal release forms, time-stamped indexes, metadata forms, and narrator photographs necessary for inclusion in the DC Public Library’s Special Collections. This new set of materials will be added to the partner’s previous submission.

Refer to our qualifications page for full eligibility details, including qualifying questions, required roles, and grant-specific definitions.

Additional Requirements & Information

Selected partners will be required to attend a three-session Oral History training workshop, and will work in conjunction with staff and consultants from the DC Oral History Collaborative throughout the course of their projects.

  1. All partnership projects will be supported by a professional oral historian contracted by the DC Oral History Collaborative. This consultant will be responsible for providing support and advice to project directors as well as ensuring that all project work is progressing smoothly.
  2. The oral history consultant will schedule several required check-in sessions with partnership project directors over the course of the project period.
  3. All partnership projects must participate in joint marketing and communications campaigns in support of the DC Oral History Collaborative during the grant period.

Terms

  1. No member of, nor delegate to Congress, Mayor, or City Council member, nor officer nor employee of the District, nor officer nor employee of the DC Public Library may benefit financially from a partnership grant.
  2. Awardees agree to document all grant expenditures and provide a final report at the end of the project period using forms provided by HumanitiesDC.
  3. Awarded applicants will receive 80% of the full amount of the grant upon their signature of the partnership agreement document. The remaining 20% will be paid no later than [X] after successful completion of a standard set of grantee milestones. All grant funds must be expended before [X].
  4. Any changes to the scope or budget of a partnership project must be communicated to HumanitiesDC in writing and approved by both the Consulting Oral Historian and the Deputy Director of Programs.
  5. Awarded applicants will sign grant conditions that constitute a legally binding contract between HumanitiesDC and the applicant’s sponsoring organization or a designated responsible party. The organization or responsible party will be legally obligated to complete the project under the terms of the grant conditions.
  6. 100% of awarded grant funds must be applied to direct program costs. This may include salary, consulting fees, and/or honoraria for individuals working on the project, but cannot include indirect costs, overhead, rent, utilities, or administrative fees.
  7. All final products collected as part of this partnership grant opportunity will be collected by the DC Oral History Collaborative and made available to the DC Public Library for accession to their Special Collections. Awarded grantees will retain the shared rights with the DCOHC and the DCPL to retain copies, publicly distribute, and publish derivative works based on the materials they collect.
Agreement Form

Selected Recipients Announced

***I didn’t see this timeline anywhere on the site.

Contact

Project Manager: Anna Kaplan, Consulting Oral Historian
Community Engagement: Maggie Lemere, Consulting Oral Historian

Resources

The DC Oral History Collaborative is a partnership of: