On Tuesday June 8, in the first of a two-part series of conversations, leading journalism experts will discuss one of the predominant threats to a functioning democracy: the viability of journalism in 21st century America. The free online event, hosted by Virginia Humanities in partnership with the Federation of State Humanities Councils, will feature national experts and practitioners with decades of experience in journalism.
- Panelist: Penny Abernathy, Visiting Professor at Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University
- Panelist: Greg Moore, Partner and Editor-in-Chief of Deke Digital
- Panelist: Karen Rundlet, Director of the Journalism Program at the Knight Foundation
- Panelist: Margaret Sullivan, Media Columnist, The Washington Post
- Moderator: Phoebe Stein, President of the Federation of State Humanities Councils